Monday, December 31, 2018

The New Hippo River

 The New Hippo River, a blog hand-written by Lyol Netteburg (age 9), typed by Mommy

One day we went to the river where we love to go swimming. When we got there I jumped out of the car and ran around the river with my brother. My Dad went a litter farther down stream. I had just stuck my foot in the water when my Dad said to my Mom, “Get the kids in the car!”
We all ran into the car. I saw little waves that got bigger and bigger. Then the hippo came up and was about 30 feet away from us. After it passed us I got out of the car and went to my Dad and Mom. My Dad showed me where he had seen the hippo before this. It had gone about 300 yards in 2 minutes.
My mom did not want to go swimming any more. My brother did not want to get out of the car. Zane did not let Addison get out of the car. Juniper was just relaxing in the back of the car.
So we had a looooong drive in the car instead of swimming that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment